Two things:

1.    Check that the console is at twinax controller 0, port 0, switch
setting 0.
2.    Double check, get the name of the console from the job name, and do a
DSPSYSVAL QCONSOLE and make sure it matches.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

             dpalme@xxxxxxxxxx
             midrange-l-bounce         Midrange Systems Technical
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx            Discussion
                                       <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
                                                                        cc
             03/31/2005 10:47
             PM                                                    Subject
                                       Re: IPL Error

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

I was working from the console, our console is connected via twinax and
with
a normal IPL it loads fine, and we can log in from the console with no
problem, perform normal everyday routines, it is only when attempting a BM
that it fails.

The console is connected and powered on

On Thu, 31 Mar 2005 19:40:51 -0800, Keith Carpenter wrote