from: Dan Kimmel<dkimmel@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Dan,

You wrote:

"Okay. So set up a couple print FILES (CRTPRTF) with the rotation set
either way (PAGRTT). The user can choose from the two FILES. The FILES
can
also direct their output to a specific OUTQ and thus to a printer. In
fact, both FILES can point to the SAME printer.

You don't choose rotation in Microsoft by choosing a printer either, by

the way. You choose rotation from a Page Setup Dialog in your
application.
So in both cases you're choosing rotation when the print stream is
produced.

Somewhere, somebody has to do some programming.

Dan"

Okay, thanks.   You've refreshed my memory of the steps involved as its
been a long time since I did this.  I'll pass it on to my systems
programmer.

As to the correction about Microsoft... You are technically correct.

As to programming... Well, in this case, I think you'll agree there is
no real programming in what you and some others propose..., just putting
the proper parameters in object creation commands, invoking the commands
and making sure they all fit together.   This is what I thought it
should be.

Thanks again,

Dave