We were not given any requirements.  I specifically asked about that.

>From discussions with others in the group I would probably start with
>something like this.

Ability to test both interactive and batch jobs.
Ability to test web applications (CGI).
Storage of test scripts for reuse later.
Being able to automate a test process would be nice.
Ability to extract test data from production.
Perform regression testing with a minimal amount of effort.

I hope this helps.

Rick

-----Original Message-----
From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Steve Landess
Sent: Tuesday, March 22, 2005 1:44 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Testing tools and opinions

> Rick Chevalier wrote:
> I have been 'volunteered' to sit on a committee that will be looking
> for and evaluating testing packages for our iSeries shop.
> Currently, our QA department uses a product called QA Run
> from Compuware.
> I would like to get opinions from anyone that has used this
> or any other testing tool for iSeries software.

Rick -
Can you post a list of your requirements?

Regards,
Steve

Privileged and Confidential.  This e-mail, and any attachments there to, is
intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain legally
privileged or confidential information.  If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify me immediately by a return e-mail and delete this e-mail.
You are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this
e-mail and/or any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited.