Thank you.

I just checked DSPMNUA and it does show the CMDLIN/DSPKEY settings.
And CHGMNU allows you to change the attributes

So a CL could be written that would
DPSMNUA and save the attributes into variables
STRSDA
CHGMNU to change the attributes back to their original values (if menu was
recompiled)

Another Question:  Is there a way to determine the menu that the user
entered on the signon screen?

Thanks
Dave Pate

message: 6
date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 22:25:59 -0600
from: Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: Re: Recompiling menus: How can CMDLIN and DSPKEY settings be
        set  automatically

I was under the impression your time was worth more than this. These
attributes are not available with the usual command (DSPMNUA). There is no
API to get this information. And these are not specified in the source.
When you use SDA to create a menu, although you specify these options
there, they are merely passed on to the CRTMNU command, I assume.

The only way to do this programmatically is to use a command called DMPOBJ
to put the byte-content of the menu into a spooled file - I forget if a
user space can be used. Then you'd need to reverse engineer where these
attributes are kept. Doable, and maybe even a little fun.

But if you are willing to go through the one-time pain - seems you are -
and put the appropriate commands in a CL, you're done down the road.