From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Walden H. Leverich
Sent: Monday, March 07, 2005 3:58 PM
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: RE: When is a bug a bug?

>Maybe I need to do an honest apples-to-apples comparison of
>defect rates.

What would you count? And how would it be counted? There are companies
with more copies of windows installed than there are iSeries in the
world (ok, perhaps hyperbole, but not by far). Remember too, only count
OS bugs, not application bugs, unless you want to count application bug
on iSeries too. And are you willing to count only server bugs on
hardware from the hardware compatibility guide? That's the closest thing
to the controlled hardware environment IBM has on the iSeries.

>I think I'll wait for Longhorn, since I'm already too
>jaded with XP.

Why? XP is a rock. (Not trying to get into stability question, but an
honest question about what problems you've seen, or are trying to avoid
seeing, in XP.)

-Walden

Walden H Leverich III
President & CEO