From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Ken Sims
Sent: Wednesday, March 02, 2005 5:28 PM
To: midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: SBMJOB LOGCLPGM(*NO) and CPI2417

Hi Jan -

>The LOG paramter is set to 0 00 *NOLIST.
>But still there are still a msg in qsysopr.
>
>Here is the joblogg with logging on from the jobb.
>

>    05-03-01  15.42.20,646408  QCLCLCPR     QSYS        045C
FLDI009
>MSG  . . :     2400 - CALL PGM(SACTDP1)          /* The CALL command
>   contains parameters */
>    05-03-01  15.42.20,654936  QCLRTNE      QSYS        0058
FLDI009
>MSG  . . :          - RETURN        /* RETURN due to end of CL progr
>   */

 From those messages, it looks like program FLDI009 was compiled with
LOG(*YES) rather than LOG(*JOB).

LOG(*YES) causes commands to be logged even if the job is LOGCLPGM(*NO).
(Likewise LOG(*NO) causes commands to not be logged even if the job is
LOGCLPGM(*YES).)

You need to identify CL programs that are LOG(*YES) and, assuming you
have the current source for them, recompile them as LOG(*JOB).

If most of what is in the job log is those logged commands, this change
will eliminate the wrapping.  At the very least, it will reduce the
wrapping.

--
Ken
http://www.ke9nr.net/