Loyd - See answers in-line...

 Loyd Goodbar wrote:
Can you isolate the OS/400 job and run a SQL trace on that through OpsNav?
That would tell you the SQL statements being executed by OS/400. Comparing
those statements against the Monk SQL scripts would be a start.

Possible, but not probable. they don't want me mucking around with the production jobs.
We're hoping to figure out how to duplicate the problem on the SeeBeyond FAT server,
and we could then possibly do some SQL tracing (FAT uses the same i5 server).

However, the probably only occurs randomly, and as far as we can determine it has
never occurred in the FAT environment. This points at a possible setup difference
between the production and FAT SeeBeyond servers (different machines).

Loyd Goodbar wrote:
A question: what data type is this field? If it's float, that could be more
problematic than packed or zoned. Do other fields of the same data type
exhibit the problem?

The SQL statement being executed by the Monk script is:
SELECT * from F4211 WHERE (some conditions).

The field that has the error is SDUORG, which is defined as
15 digits packed with zero decimal positions.

The field just below it in the DDS, SDSOQS,
is defined exactly the same and we have never seen the error occur on it.

And, as far as I can tell, we have never experienced a problem
with any of the other field values from the F4211 record.  When
the error occurs, we will see 10 in the positions in the result set
where SDUORG appears, and 1 in the result set where SDSOQS
appears (or 20 & 2, 30 & 3, 50 & 5, etc..)

Steve