If you save the NT server files by saving the network storage spaces, which
appears to be what you have done.  Then the only way to restore an individual
file is to restore the entire space first.

What you could do, is restore the space to a new name, then attached the
restored space to the same server.   You should be able to get it to show as
another drive from Windows.  Then this copy the required directory using
explorer.

As far as Backup Exec.  Assuming you didn't prohibit it, you can configure the
Windows PC to see the tape drive and use it with Backup Exec.  Note that the
drive has to be varied off to be transferred from OS/400 use to Windows use.
See more info here:
http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/iseries/v5r2/ic2924/info/rzahq/rzahqrzahqdevpo.htm

HTH,

Charles Wilt