The authority issue was one that people seem to blow off on a library
description.  And that was one of my points.  However he did say it was
for archival purposes.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
02/22/2005 10:53 PM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: SAVLIB vs SAVOBJ

Charles

Isn't that API fun?

Doing 2 saves is not too big a deal - it is more like multiple saves to
tape - or even SAVLIB with multiple libraries specified - the result is
separate tape files. Of course, with SAVLIB, the library description and
its contents are saved together in one file, as you said.

I might be more inclined to retrieve the library attributes to a user
space
and save that - this way you could create one with the same attributes,
including authority, etc.

Maybe?
Vern

list