Maybe do the ALCOBJ, if it fails, use the api to notify, blast, or
otherwise deal with the offending jobs.  Oh heck some code

Retry:
ALCOBJ...
MONMSG ... DO
  Call api, process api list accordingly
  goto retry
enddo

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

<Rick.Chevalier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
02/09/2005 10:01 AM
Please respond to

<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
RE: How to tell if an object is in use?

Greg,

What you have and the suggested work with object locks API are about it
that I know of.  In your case for simplicity I would probably use the
ALCOBJ option.  If it's important that no one be using the file during
this job run I would probably move the DLCOBJ to the end of the job.

Rick