 All:

Thanks for the information.  Here is what I was looking for, it is at the
following link:

    http://publib.boulder.ibm.com/infocenter/iseries/v5r3/ic2924/index.htm

    Choose Networking > Network Communications > Ethernet > Ethernet Support
> Hardware Requirements

Hardware requirements for Ethernet

The iSeries supports the Ethernet input/output adapter types, listed by
custom card identification number (CCIN) in the following table:

Table 2. Supported Ethernet adapters
CCIN     Speed (Mbps)    Auto-negotiation supported      Jumbo frames
supported        TCP/IP  SNA     Duplex mode capability
Full     Half
57061    10/100/1000 (1 Gigabit)         Yes     Yes     Yes     No      Yes
Yes
57071    1000    Yes     Yes     Yes     No      Yes     No
27432    1000    Yes     Yes     Yes     No      Yes     No
57002    1000    Yes     Yes     Yes     No      Yes     No
27601    10/100/1000     Yes     Yes     Yes     No      Yes     Yes
57011    10/100/1000     Yes     Yes     Yes     No      Yes     Yes
287F1,3  10/100  Yes     No      Yes     Yes     Yes     Yes
28381,3  10/100  Yes     No      Yes     Yes     Yes     Yes
28491,3  10/100  Yes     No      Yes     Yes     Yes     Yes
6181     10      No      No      Yes     Yes     Yes     Yes
2723     10      No      No      Yes     Yes     Yes     Yes

Notes:

1.      Unshielded Twisted Pair (UTP) card; uses copper wire cabling.

2.      Uses fiber optics.

3.      You can run SNA traffic with TCP/IP traffic on this IOP/IOA. TCP/IP
traffic will run in the higher performance path along with SNA traffic.

Regards,

Nick Blattner

Nick Blattner   System Engineer
PowerTech Group