<snip>
I have a program that we call after an IPL when we want to start stuff
after an IPL.  Currently we do the following manual steps:
CALL QP2TERM
cd /usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin
dsmserv
</snip>

Rob,

I have been trying to find a way to do this for some time.  Here is my last
try at it:

 ADDENVVAR ENVVAR(QIMB_QSH_CMD_OUTPUT) +
    VALUE('FILE=/qsys.lib/crisys.lib/source.file/tsmout.mbr')
 SBMJOB CMD(QSH CMD('/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/strtsm.sh'))          +
        JOB(TSMSERV)              +
        CPYENVVAR(*YES)       +
        ALWMLTTHD(*YES)

The strtsm.sh shell script looks like:

export    QIBM_MULTI_THREADED=Y
export    QIBM_USE_DESCRIPTOR_STDIO=Y
export    QIBM_PASE_DESCRIPTOR_STDIO=T
/usr/tivoli/tsm/server/bin/dsmserv &

It does not work however.  The message is the program cannot find a
terminal device of some sort. I think there is a trick to getting the
program to find a place to send the output to.  I have tried to use the IBM
doco on PASE to determine what environment variables to use, but the doco
is clear as mud.   I'm perplexed about how to start the TSM server in batch
from PASE.  I owe a virtual beverage to anyone who can help with this one!!
Maybe someone can take my example and show me where I messed up.

Jim Oberholtzer