My thought is that you may want to to put an entry for
"myservername.mydomainname.com.au" in the HOSTS or LMHOSTS file on your PC.
On mine it is the LMHOSTS file and the entry looks like this:

192.168.1.1     myservername.mydomainname.com.au        #PRE

Can you do a successful CWBPING from a DOS window using both the short name
and the fully qualified name?

example: C:\>CWBPING myservername.mydomainname.com.au

If both CWBPING's are successful check your host table (CFGTCP option 10 and
verify that you have both the short name AND the fully qualified name there.
It should look similar to this:

192.168.1.1             myservername
                        myservername.mydomainname.com.au

Also check CFGTCP option 12 for the correct Host and Domain names.  (IIRC a
missing domain name here can cause this problem.)

Host name  . . . . . . . . . . .   'MYSERVERNAME'
Domain name  . . . . . . . . . .   'MYDOMAINNAME.COM.AU'

Hope this helps,

Scott Ingvaldson
iSeries System Administrator
GuideOne Insurance Group