Does your cable modem provider permit you to "have a server in your
network"? I have the same kind of problem with my cable modem environment,
except that my IP address will change if I reboot the cable modem.

My son told me to go to a site named 'Shields Up". Google took me to this
open to the outside is 8080.

I was told previously to look at dyndns.org, but have yet to do so.
Considering what I learned from Shields Up, I might be out of luck.

Paul Nelson
Arbor Solutions, Inc.
708-670-6978  Cell
pnelson@xxxxxxxxxx

Jonathan Mason <masonjo1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
01/19/2005 06:28 AM
Please respond to Midrange Systems Technical Discussion