Vern,

Often IBM uses the commands under the covers - even as much as they push
API's.  I tried to block people from creating 5250 sessions on one server
by renaming the command CRTDEVDSP.  Caused a lot of grief when the console
died and the boss tried a different model.  Automatic reconfiguration uses
DLTDEVD followed by CRTDEVDSP.  I had to use RUNRMTCMD to rename the
command back.

The reason that I renamed the command in the first place is that iSeries
Access did not use those system values to control new virtual sessions. It
just ran CRTDEVDSP via remote commands.  What a hoot.

Group Dekko Services, LLC
Dept 01.073
PO Box 2000
Dock 108
6928N 400E
Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

Vernon Hamberg <vhamberg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: midrange-l-bounces+rob=dekko.com@xxxxxxxxxxxx
01/18/2005 09:22 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
RE: Logging jobs/sbs

If you look in the earlier posts in this thread, I had mentioned a couple
exit points that are called for commands. They are in the first couple
entries of WRKREGINF. Rob Berendt had offered some sample code using
these,
IIRC. These exit points define a program of yours that is called whenever
certain command is run. This is done in the job running the command, so
you
can retrieve user, etc, all you want in order to log things. This could be

done for ENDSBS.

Also, you could set up security auditing on certain commands, to see when
they have been used. The problem still is, there are non-command ways to
end subsystems, such as option 10, I think, in WRKSBS. Or just using
option
4 against the SBS job in WRKACTJOB. But maybe you could audit all the
entry
points for ending a SBS, such as the ones mentioned, log them, get QHST
info, and correlate them in some way.

HTH
Vern

At 01:00 AM 1/18/2005, you wrote:

>Well, the question wasn't if a user should be able to stop
jobs/subsystems
>(because in this server they need to be able too) but how to log who did
>it. The little buggers don't always start it up again... I've noticed not

>all facts are being logged in QHST. Often the entry exist about a
>subsystem is being ended but no info regarding who did it. Anybody know
of
>any good exit programs that could be used?
>
>/G

list