> Not only does management allow that, they demand it and I as a manager
> expect no less from my programming staff.
>
> I could never in good conscience give a buggy or incomplete
> program/application to my users.
. . .
> To keep this somewhat on topic for the list, when was the last time you
> heard of a program or application bringing down an i5/iSeries/AS/400?
> I'd  venture to say never since IBM's operating system won't let an
> application  programmer do the kind of damage that you can do on the
> Windoze platform.

1. Microsloth's point of view seems to be, if it's right the first time,
there goes the upgrade market.

2. I HAVE managed to crash OS/400. By doing an MI compilation at the wrong
time. Fortunately, no permanent damage was done. I've also managed
(inadvertently, and on a system that was only running Sec30) to hack the
model and serial number of an AS/400, by means that I've done my best to
forget, and that I will take with me to my grave.

--
JHHL