Joe,
He's not talking about the actual PTF, he's talking about circumventing the
"Interactive Tax."
He appears to be a .8% reply (2 out of 250). But, if you read carefully,
those PTF's include fixes specifically designed to thwart "Leif Svalgaard"
and FAST400.

I'd say that's a security risk. I must first "Knowingly" purchase and
"Knowingly" install something I WANT to use to "SPECIFICALLY" circumvent the
interactive tax built into the operating system. That's a security flaw,
right?

Of course, the software my company has designed and developed allows a user
FROM an iSeries system to take control of a Windblows machine running MSSQL
server. I guess I write viruses for a living. Gosh, I can even reboot a
Windblows machine FROM an iSeries command line. I don't even have to install
anything on the remote machine. Pretty tricky, but it works.

I think I'm going to take Rob and Walden's approach and just give up on the
iSeries. I think I'll just move all my critical applications to MS Windblows
and MS IIS (Internet Secure Server). They are so much easier to use and I
can spend my time chasing viruses, security flaws, aware, spy bots and
General Protection Faults.

At least they mostly did away with the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) in
Windows 2000 and XP. Now, the system just hangs. I do have a fix somewhere
around here for that. It doesn't change the fact that you GET the BSOD, it
just allows you to pick a different color.

John Brandt
iStudio400.com
(903) 523-0708
Home of iS/ODBC - MSSQL access from iSeries and RPG.