>MY job to slip into my spandex....

AAARRRRRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH, my eyes, my eyes, I'm blinded! <G>

>...will allow a malicious user...

Impressive, most of the ones I've seen "may" allow. Basically it's a
report of a situation where IF you did this and then you did that and
then you did the other thing then you could take control. But regardless
of semantics... A properly configured/secured server wouldn't allow the
access necessary to take advantage of most of these issues.

>I get the idea that this problem might be apocryphal.

I said it wasn't "my bug" but I do trust the source and veracity of the
bug.

>You can't even recreate it using a web interface.

Perhaps. My understanding is that it's caused down in the bowels of the
query processor, so I would think that it could happen for a batch job
too, but perhaps you are correct (I hope you are). But since you bring
up the web interface, the vast majority of windows issues aren't
exploitable via port 80 either.

-Walden
Walden H Leverich III
President & CEO