I'm definitely seeing how I might have been wrong.  I guess I'll just
have to go on the fact that the APP that THEY developed is garbage.
But it could have been done right, maybe.

I think they are using Oracle.

I had a laugh once when I was at a client in Chino, CA.  They were
replacing an Iseries app with a sweet oracle/blah blah application.

An electrician in the computer room knocked out power.  The UPS's
kicked in.  They called me asked me what to do about the 400.  I told
them it would shut down if utility power wasn't restored, then come up
again, no problem.

They called the admin of the oracle box, an outsourced guy who worked
locally, he ran in to the computer room (wearing sandals!), and
pleaded with the electrician to get the power restored since if his
box ran out of power, it would take days to restart.

That was fun.

Sure, maybe he was dumb and didn't know how to set things up, but the
point is, that's always what I see.   Inferior machines next to some
perfectly reliable Iseries.  But the Iseries always stays there.

Art