From: "Booth Martin" <booth@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Midrange Systems Technical Discussion" <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2004 5:59 PM
Subject: Re: Why NOT the web?

The Microsoft adage is "Embrace, Extend, Exterminate".

Don't underestimate .NET.  It is, and will be, good enough for many
applications, including the ones you mention.  Once embedded as the solution
for the client then the rest of the stuff that won't work becomes unneeded
and irrelevant.

Good luck.

Booth Martin
http://www.martinvt.com