From: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Date: 12/21/04 10:52:39
To: Midrange Systems Technical Discussion
Subject: Re: Another QtmmSendMail problem?

The source CCSID was retrieved using RTVJOBA and CCSID.

It's odd.. a while back before IBM said to convert to CCSID
500 most non US code pages had problems.  Then after this
came along it seemed to work.  But now here is a situation
that is causing a problem.

I did change the conversion for them to use iConv instead
of the API, but with the time difference won't know if it
worked until tommorow.

Thanks...  any more ideas, I'm all ears.

Brad

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 10:42:35 -0600
  Bruce Vining <bvining@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> How are they performing the CCSID conversion to 500?  The
> @ is x'7C' in
> both 500 and 870 so my first suspicion is that someone
> has hardcoded the
> source CCSID for conversion as 273 which would cause this
> problem if the
> input is really 870...
>

>              "Brad Stone"
>
>              <brad@xxxxxxxxxxx
>
>              m>

>              Sent by:                  Midrange Systems
> Technical
>              midrange-l-bounce         Discussion
>
>              s@xxxxxxxxxxxx
>            <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
>

>              cc
>

>              12/21/2004 08:51
>                                      Subject
>              AM                        Another
> QtmmSendMail problem?
>

>              Please respond to
>
>              Midrange Systems
>
>                  Technical
>
>                 Discussion
>

> I have a user that is having issues with the QtmmSendMail
> API and their CCSID.
>
> The application does convert the addresses to CCSID 500
> before sending.
>
> They normally run jobs with CCSID of 273.  Things work
> fine.
>
> But they have a few users who use a Job CCSID of 870.
>  With
> these, it seems like the old problem of the @ getting
> converted to the § is back again.  The API does error out
> saying the address is invalid.
>
> But, if they use § instead of @, things work fine again
> for
> users with the CCSID of 870.
>
> Any ideas on what could be happening here?  Any way I
> could
> test on my end?  I tried changing to CCSID 870 for my job
> but things worked just fine.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Brad
> --