They will have a "normal" address but since the 5494
also could have a tcp/ip card installed, you could
have some tcp/ip address's...(I'm not sure how)

To "see" the controller just Prtdevadr "controller name"
which gives a small report on devices attached.

I never worked with a 5494 with tcp/ip installed so I
can't be much help there, but it would be interesting
to "see" what shows up when you run PRTDEVADR.

Here is the functional description from the Sales Manual:

e base 5494 supports attachment of up to 28 twinaxial
devices, and up to 56 devices with the 5494 Twinaxial
Expansion Kit installed. When either the 5494 Ethernet
adapter or Token-Ring adapter is installed, the Model
EXT can support up to 80 devices, of which up to 56 can
be twinaxial, while communicating with an AS/400 over
an SDLC, Frame Relay, X.21 or X.25 connection. The 5494
can alternatively communicate with an AS/400 over a
Token-Ring, or Ethernet network. With the addition of the
Frame-Relay -- Token-Ring bridge feature, non-SNA traffic
on token-ring LANs can access the rest of the communication
network through the 5494.

Greg Wenzloff wrote:
We changed from leased lines to a frame relay network about 4 years ago.  At
that time I was not involved in setting this up.   There are 2 remote
workstation controllers at the distant side of the network.

I am being asked what is the TCPIP address of these 2 controllers.   I can
not find this info when I look at the controller's description or anywhere
else.

I'm not even sure that they have IP addresses.  Perhaps they work with MAC
addresses.

Could someone point me in the right direction on this.