Thanks all!

That's the problem that I've seen on lots of documentation. It gets out
of date FAST. I even went to the iSeries web site and read the "latest"
documentation there. But parts implied that this "Primary Partition"
still existed whereas other parts implied that it did not. I did finally
find a recent RedBook (SG25-8000) which bluntly stated that i5/OS V5R3
on an POWER5 iSeries used the Service Element and that the hipervisor
was moved from SLIC to firmware.

--
John McKown
Senior Systems Programmer

information intended for a specific individual and purpose, and its'
content is protected by law.  If you are not the intended recipient, you
should delete this message and are hereby notified that any disclosure,
copying, or distribution of this transmission, or taking any action
based on it, is strictly prohibited.