I am trying to automate the loading of iSeries Access service packs by
using the silent install option.  This works great, except on PCs where the
user doesn't have admin rights.  I don't think the check service program
will even run if the user doesn't have admin rights.  I do know if I do a
shift+right click on the check service level icon, I need to do a run as
administrator to launch the check manually.  The other problem I have is on
the reboot, the user needs admin rights to complete the install.  I found
some instructions on iSeries Info Center that explained how to schedule the
check service level using Windows Scheduled Tasks.  We tried this and the
check service level runs, but doesn't complete and doesn't appear to do
anything.

How do you apply service packs to PCs when a user doesn't have admin
rights?  We are at OS/400 V5R2, iSeries Access V5R2 and most PCs are
Win2000.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kent Hohlen
Raynor