Hi Tim,

> I don't know how to get you to reproduce the problem.
> If I could maybe I would know how NOT to produce it (Big grin).

Can you write a short program (like the one I posted) that I can run that
demonstrates the problem?   That would REALLY help me see what you're
doing. Obviously, I've already tried to duplicate the problem from the
bits and pieces you've posted here, and I've failed.

> I declare Mesg78_A at the end of the DDS format, rather than at the
> beginning.

Okay, well.. I just tried it with the DDS that you posted, but I still
dont have any problems.

> Your example shows x'a9', my code generates x'A9'. Every table I looked at
> listed 'A9'. Are these equivalent?

Yes, they're the same thing.  Hex literals in RPG are not case-sensitive.
But, just for kicks, I tried capitalizing it, and tried it again, no
problems.

> I am running this on a PC using Iseries Access for Windows V5.5, but I get
> the same results if I run this on an IBM 3477 terminal.

I don't have iSeries Access here.  I tried the program that I posted with
your DDS source on x5250, xt5250, tn5250 for Windows, RUMBA 7.0, a
Decision Data 3596, and an IBM 3476. None showed the symptom you
described.

Although we do have a 3477 around here somewhere, it's not near my desk
and I don't think it's worth going to another building for this. :)