db

Let me take a shot.

The manual says that the return value you generate (the command string) is to be written as if you were entering stuff on a command line. So I think you only need to follow the rules as given in the PARM help text for entering dates and times. Or, to put it another way, you need to use the values you would put on the screen, not those that are sent to the CPP. Look at the discussion on special values to get a sense of the difference.

The rules for dates/times are as follows:

When a date value is specified in this PARM statement, it must be specified in one of the following formats mmddyy, mmddyyyy, or Cyymmdd. When a user types a date in the command at run time, it must be specified in the job-date format. The job date separator may be used when the date is entered. If the separator character is used, the date must be enclosed in apostrophes.

When a user types a time in the command at run time, it must be specified in the format hhmmss. The job time separator may be used when the time is entered. If the separator character is used, the time must be enclosed in apostrophes.

I don't remember whether the command parser will expand raw dates/times to those with separators. But I think you can cover your needs by using apostrophes around each, as in

??STARTDATE('01/22/2003') ??STARTTIME('12:23:00')

in your returned string.

I don't think there is a direct relationship between choice programs and prompt override programs. You will often use both, however.

HTH and is correct
Vern