woo-woo.  THANKS! That did it Paul.  Quite a sleuth, eh?

I did a simple test to print to file.  I opened up WordPad, typed in some
stuff, clicked on "Print to File", tabbed over to select tray 3, clicked on
Print.  I opened up the text file (copied below) that was "printed to", and
saw nothing that resembled the x'1B266C'.  Probably converted to symbols.
What do you use to interrogate this file?

Also, do you have a Savin 9935 mfp?  If not, how where you able to specify
it as your printer?

Now all I have to do is get rid of the stapling.

db

%-12345X@PJL JOB NAME="Document"
@PJL COMMENT RPJL,WIN2000,PCL6,3.4.0.0,GRAYSCALE
@PJL SET TIME="14:51:51"
@PJL SET DATE="2004/10/22"
@PJL SET USERID="?"
@PJL SET SMOOTHING=ON
@PJL SET RESOLUTION=600
@PJL SET STAPLE=OFF
@PJL SET OUTBIN=OPTIONALOUTPUTBIN12
@PJL SET AUTOTRAYCHANGE=OFF
@PJL SET JOBOFFSET=OFF
@PJL SET PUNCH=OFF
@PJL SET ECONOMODE=OFF
@PJL SET FUSERCONTROL=PLAINPAPER
@PJL ENTER LANGUAGE=PCLXL) HP-PCL XL;1;1;Comment Copyright (c) 1998 Software
2000 Limited
NXXo?Ao?A o?AA o^Ao,HAo&A o4A o(A o%CO  ??  ??o+wOf f o*uAojA o-xA
o-|Ayo  cA?o,{A oya^o~OoB A o      cAuo,{EA Arial           o?A
|Bo|AuoaoO
??  ??o$eD  oYfA    o?}A  o!dO^=oLkEA$ Testing to print to tray 1 on Savin
o<EA$ 3.*.......*...7.*.Ho??A o1DIB%-12345X@PJL EOJ
NAME="Document"
%-12345X

Obviously, not all of the symbols survive the cut & paste to this post.

db