From: midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of James R. Newman,
CDP
Sent: Thursday, October 14, 2004 9:32 AM
To: Midrange L
Subject: Setting parms in CL for PF

I've got a 9406-600 running V5R2 and have to run a large update job
about once a month.  File1 is a sequential, non-keyed PF containing
about 18 million records of updated "current" information.  File2 is a
keyed PF "master" with 18 million+ records that will be updated from
File1.  File2 has 1 logical.

A friend suggested changing some of the OVRDBF parms to help processing
go faster, such as FRCRATIO and NBRRCDS.  Any suggestions on how to set
these parms?  For that matter, any suggestions on how to speed up the
update process?  TIA.

James R. Newman, CDP
list