Hello Tim,

Not so odd at all.

I'm not entirely sure why you wouldn't want to leave the file in the IFS,
but we have a commerical option for you if you need to store PDF or any
type of PC Doc in a spool file entry.

We have a product called IFS Tools which will let you spool any IFS
document to a spool file entry via the IFSSPOOL command.

We also have a counterpart command for extracting the spool data back to
its original format of PDF or whatever.

We use this technology heavily with our report delivery and imaging
products that can generate *USERASCII spool files for printing and
emailing, but if you use your imagination there are several interesting
applications for this technology.

Please contact me directly for info on downloading a demo since this is
not currently listed on our main web site.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"Your Complete iSeries and PC Solution Provider"
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 898-3038
Fax: (952) 898-1781
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT

message: 2
date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 11:03:19 -0400
from: "Chrysler,Timothy J" <TCHRYSLE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: How can I store an externally generated PDF in a file or outq

Here's an odd one...  We want to store a PDF that is generated outside
the AS/400 in either a file or an outq on the AS/400.  We're receiving
the PDF file via MQSeries from a mainframe document system.   We can't
use the easy way of storing it to the IFS for "silly" corporate security
issues, but thought maybe we could somehow store it in a DB2 file or
even as a spool file in a dedicated outq.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Tim Chrysler