That adds a level of complexity on the PC side.  Although, if you are open
to that there are other possibilities where you could circumvent the
CPYFRMIMPF command all together--how about ODBC?  About 6 or 7 years ago I
had an application that uploaded MS-Access records to the AS/400 via ODBC.
I don't believe that there were any issues with delimeter characters.

Dave Parnin
Nishikawa Standard Company
Topeka, IN  46571
daparnin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

                      Jim Franz

                      <franz400@xxxxxxxxxx        To:       Midrange Systems
Technical Discussion
                      om>
<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>@SMTP@CTB
                      Sent by:                    cc:       (bcc: David A
Parnin/Topeka/NISCO/SPCO)
                      midrange-l-bounces@m        Subject:  Re: IBM response on
my CPYFRMIMPF request
                      idrange.com

                      10/06/2004 03:11 PM

                      Please respond to

                      Midrange Systems

                      Technical Discussion

                      <midrange-l@midrange

                      .com>

any way to running this file thru Excel, outputting some other delimiter?
submit the pmr also..
jim