I used to have an old-style 'proxy server' between my internal network
and the big bad web.  I had various ports set up to get Ops Navigator to
work from the outside - 446, 449, 8470 to 8479, etc.  This worked fine.

I replaced the aging proxy server with a shiny new router.  I have the
'regular' stuff working fine - telnet, ftp, smtp, etc, thru the router.
I set up all the same ports for Ops Nav.

I'm having trouble with Ops Nav stuff (and Java, etc, which use the same
ports).

The only thing I can figure is maybe the AS400 has some mechanism that
prevents ops nav type connections from an outside IP address.  Using the
proxy, the outside box looks like it's coming from an inside connection.
Using the router, the connection looks like it's coming from the
outside.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this??

Go... FASTER!  Without an Upgrade!
ARCTOOLS/400(tm) and ReorgWizard(tm)