Hello Joe,

Basically we need some good mentoring resources to help us through some of
the pitfalls and we also want to have a good sound strategy in place.

We need to put together a roadmap quickly because we have some development
opportunities that will take advantage of the Java web programming
technology.

With java servlet/web programming it appears there are several coding
approaches and we want a design pattern that works well for web app
development with Java.

The WebSphere Studio and Eclipse tools are nice, but a little daunting,
even for someone very familiar with both AS/400 and Microsoft programming
tools :-)

Our skills are very strong AS/400-iSeries, very string Microsoft VB/ASP
and VB.Net/ASP.Net, so I don't think the Java web stuff is too much of a
learning leap. We just don't want to waste time unnecessarily if we can
find ourselves an Obi-Wan-Kenobe of Java.  "Don't Use the hammer Luke."

If you can provide a draft of what's covered in your book that would be a
good starting point. I'm sure we'll purchase it :-)

Also, I am open to other creative ideas if you want to contact me directly
offline.

Regards,
Richard Schoen
RJS Software Systems Inc.
"Your Complete iSeries and PC Solution Provider"
Email: richard@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web Site: http://www.rjssoftware.com
Tel: (952) 898-3038
Fax: (952) 898-1781
Toll Free: (888) RJSSOFT
message: 10
date: Wed, 22 Sep 2004 08:44:07 -0500
from: "Joe Pluta" <joepluta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
subject: RE: ** Websphere and Java Web Development Training **

What exactly are you looking for, Richard?  My book on WDSC is due out
in just a few weeks and it covers a wide range of topics.  Are you
looking for training, mentoring, or what?