On Wed, 8 Sep 2004 15:32:45 -0500
 rob@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> The cost difference between SEU and CODE/400?  $0.00.  Oh
> I suppose some
> will argue that's hiding the true cost.  Because you'll
> need a beefier PC,
> etc.  However:
> 1)  SEU requires a 5250 client, most, including iSeries
> Access, aren't
> free.

There are those that are out there that are free (tn5250)
or  very low cost (much less than the PC you'll buy).  I'm
still using the same copy of Powerterm from over 5 years
ago.

> 2)  SEU requires the interactive tax.
> So, if you want to argue about 'hidden costs' don't
> forget those.  And we
> just shelled out $250,000 for the interactive tax.

PDM/SEU require very little CPU...  The "interactive tax"
isn't an issue for a lot of us when it comes to SEU.

Again, I'm talking about certain situations like
timesharing mainly.   So for me, the cost of a PC editor is
exactly the amount MORE that I would have to pay for it.
 No one seems to have answered what any of their costs is
yet.

But it's obviously a way IBM can generate more revenue
since Webfear isn't selling itself or new hardward as much
as they'd hoped.. LOL!

They're now starting to tell people that CGI programming is
slower and more resource intensive than the equivalent app
in Websfear...  (and even scarier, people are believing it
and emailing me to see if it's true).

Brad