Ah!  OK, tried that, and it *almost* worked, but I realized I left out an
important piece of information in my original post, as I was trying to keep
the question simple.  Now I also see that my example was bad as well!  My
bad.

The SQL View is actually a join of several files, one of which is not in the
same library as the other files.  In this scenario, the View file object and
four of the joined physicals are from the same library JRBFILE; one of the
joined physicals comes from AMFLIB.  I used SAVOBJ to save the View and a
new physical (which is part of the join in the View) from library JRBFILE.
I restored these to library JRBFILEY.  The restored View object shows four
physicals based on files in the JRBFILEY library - so far so good.  But the
one physical file from AMFLIB, is still pointing to AMFLIB, instead of
AMFLIBY, even though AMFLIBY is in my library list, and AMFLIB is not.

Again, the original CREATE VIEW statement did NOT qualify any of the tables.

db