However my model 520 f/c 7451 has only .43 processors, so I infer that the
most number of partitions I can have is 4.

Al

Al Barsa, Jr.
Barsa Consulting Group, LLC

400>390

"i" comes before "p", "x" and "z"
e gads

Our system's had more names than Elizabeth Taylor!

914-251-1234
914-251-9406 fax

http://www.barsaconsulting.com
http://www.taatool.com
http://www.as400connection.com

             "Ingvaldson,
             Scott"
             <SIngvaldson@guid                                          To
             eone.com>                 "'midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx'"
             Sent by:                  <midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
             midrange-l-bounce                                          cc
             s@xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                                   Subject
                                       RE: ** Feedback/Recommendations on
             08/13/2004 12:45          the i5 520 Series **
             PM

             Please respond to
             Midrange Systems
                 Technical
                Discussion
             <midrange-l@midra
                 nge.com>

I'm pretty sure this is completely wrong.  IIRC a 520 will support up to 10
LPARs per processor, you would need some additional resources for each
LPAR,
but they're virtualizing more IOP's all the time so this could change.

In the case of Linux, you could also run it as an iSeries guest LPAR, which
requires no additional resources.  On a 520 with V5R3 you do not need an
OS/400 management partition and you have support for dynamic processor
movement so you might not even need the 2-way system.  Per the V5R3
handbook
http://www.redbooks.ibm.com/redpieces/pdfs/ga195486.pdf you can get a 1-way
520 with up to 3300 CPW.

Regards,