That really does sound promising, doesn't it?  :)  You control the mapping
between entered usernames and activated user profiles, and you control
whether the system accepts or rejects the supplied password.  Sorry for
being so obtuse...I go through cycles where it sounds simple, but then I
read a particular phrase of documentation and I get the Fear(tm).

So when you're in an exit program, you're already trusted by the operating
system.  So when you want to activate a particular user profile, you just
specify it as an output parameter and don't have to worry about supplying
its password.

Is the FTP exit point abnormally flexible, or should I expect the same
level of control for telnet signons, green-screen signons, database
connects?  Where _won't_ this model be applicable?

-Jared