Is QBATCH3 a Subsytem or JOBQ? If it's a JOBQ, make sure that this Queue is attached to a Subsystem so that your Job becomes active. When you do a WRKSBMJOB, what do you see? Is it still in the JOBQ? If the Job ran when submitted to QBATCH3 is there a Job Log? If it ran but didn't do what you thought it would do, yet there's no Job Log, change the Logging Parameters on the Submit :

                             Submit Job (SBMJOB)

Type choices, press Enter.

Message logging:
 Severity . . . . . . . . . . . > 00
 Text . . . . . . . . . . . . . > *SECLVL
Log CL program commands  . . . . > *YES
Inquiry message reply  . . . . . > *RQD

Also, take a look at the Job Description you're using when submitting the Job. Is it the same in both cases. YJARPF is not supplied with the OS. So you need to make sure that it's in the Library List of the Submitted Job. This could be different if you're using different JOBDs on the submits and the Job's Library List is determined by the JOBD.

Is the User that's doing the Submit the same in both cases? If not, this could be an Authority issue. It could also be a Library List issue if the Submitted Job is using the Current Library list. Try Qualifying the Command and see if it works (MYLIB/YJARPF).

There are probably about a zillion other things that my be causing your problem. The Job Log is the best place to start looking. So change the logging level as suggested above on the submit, do a WRKSBMJOB and see what's in the Log.

Mike