I have taken clients from OS/400 to unix/oracle...  Not that big, but the
concept is the same...

Frankly, it's a piece of cake.  FTP is easy to do, sbmrmtcmd's on a unix
box is easy (keep in mind that path's dont' config on rexec !) and simple
data transfer/mapping couldn't be easier...stick with .csv files if
possible, it makes the creation and import VERY easy.

Work WITH the Oracle DBA doing the import/table design...works much
smoother that way.

Another thing you may want to look at is the DB2 > Oracle data transfer
utility from Linoma...not a bad little tool for moving stuff around like
that...it just won't create your tables or table space definitions on the
oracle side.  And, be careful you don't get bit by full volumes (single
level storeage doesn't exist as we know it in unix land!) and watch out
for the default on the numbers of tables when creating table spaces in
oracle....  And, I hope you're using 9i or 10g and not 8i...8i's solid,
but old.

Recommend you get Oracle DBA and PL/SQL training ASAP.  Oracle is a new
world in many respects, but relational database concepts don't
change...expect to be shaking your head in disbelief on how Oracle and
unix does things....  And wait until you understand internals of oracle
security...oh are you in for an eye opener...:)  My guess is you'll be
quoting Harry Carey and the Vice President....frequently...:)

And, if you have the chance, learn as much Oracle/PL/SQL, etc., as you
can...there's alot more job openings out there for that than there are for
RPG....at least in the US... :)

If you want some good stuff on the AIX arena, you should seriousely
consider attending the AIXL tracks at the JAM 2004 tech conf in DC on
October 29.... www.wash-midrange.org/jam.html  There's some good linux
stuff there also...   And, there's some good OS/400 stuff as well...:)

Don in DC