Hi All,

When running a batch there is file P.CUST soemwhere open not closed. on
thursday I could copy P.CUST to c.cust and then delete p.cust. on friday same
error came at step 14 of the batch, I could copy and could nt delete p.cust.
checked for logicals on it, deleted the logicals and then tried to delete
p.cust. It didn't work. I had to advise operator to do a system request, log
off and then restart. The original problem was a job lock on file p.cust
preventing the program from renaming p.cust to c.cust. The existence of logical
file ZFEXL1 isn't a problem in and of itself. My reading is that p.cust was
being locked by the workstation where batch was running. When trying to ensure
that workstations has no overrides on a particular file, I advised performing
two DLTOVR commands: DLTOVR FILE(*ALL) LVL(*JOB) and DLTOVR FILE(*ALL).
Parameter LVL defaults to *ACTGRPDFN. If there is a dangling job-level override
on a file, DLTOVR FILE(*ALL) will not remove it. After adding the two DLTOVR
plus RCLRSC(*CALLER) in the beginning of batch. Today when runnning batch we
had an unusual error, the Session running batch ended after completing Step
14(after running ycust).. The batch was restarted from step 15 again.

Now I realized it could be because of the following:

The Proc ycust (in Step 14 which completed successfully) has a statement RCLRSC
(*CALLER)

The error occurred in the next step with a message saying "Tried to refer to
refer to all or part of an object that no longer exists."

If you specify LVL(*CALLER) on the reclaim resources command, all files opened
by the program calling the program or proc will be closed & any attempt to
access the file would end abnormally.

The cause specified in the job log also mentions that "The most common cause is
that a stored address to an object is no longer correct because that object was
deleted or part of the object was deleted."

The reason I put

DLTOVR FILE(*ALL) LVL(*JOB)

DLTOVR FILE(*ALL)

RCLRSC LVL(*CALLER)

RCLRSC

Is trying to avoid the problem we had last Thursday & Friday when we were
unable to rename P.CUST to C.CUST.

Any idea of solving this problem permanently ?