I am trying to print to a print server (the little boxes with a
parallel port) using a remote outq (crtout). The print server is made
by NetGear (don't have a model #), and I am trying to print to port 2.
The printer that is attached is a HP LJ4050.

I have tried setting up the outq with *HP4000, *HP4, and *HP5SI. None
of them print. I found this: http://snipurl.com/7qjh, but isn't much
help on the driver. NetGear is not listed anywhere on this page
(http://snipurl.com/7qjm). So, I am wondering. What is the trick to
getting this running?

Does anyone have any ideas?

Here is my config:

                          Change Output Queue (CHGOUTQ)

 Type choices, press Enter.

 Output queue . . . . . . . . . . > RMTMGI2       Name
   Library  . . . . . . . . . . . >   QGPL        Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
 Maximum spooled file size:
   Number of pages  . . . . . . .   *NONE         Number, *SAME, *NONE
   Starting time  . . . . . . . .                 Time
   Ending time  . . . . . . . . .                 Time
                + for more values
 Order of files on queue  . . . .   *FIFO         *SAME, *JOBNBR, *FIFO
 Remote system  . . . . . . . . .   *INTNETADR

 Remote printer queue . . . . . .   'L1'

 Writers to autostart . . . . . .   *NONE         1-10, *SAME, *NONE
 Queue for writer messages  . . .   QSYSOPR       Name, *SAME
   Library  . . . . . . . . . . .     *LIBL       Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
 Connection type  . . . . . . . .   *IP           *SAME, *SNA, *IP, *IPX...
 Destination type . . . . . . . .   *OTHER        *SAME, *OS400, *OS400V2...
 Host print transform . . . . . .   *YES          *SAME, *YES, *NO
 User data transform  . . . . . .   *SAME         Name, *SAME, *NONE
   Library  . . . . . . . . . . .                 Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
 Manufacturer type and model  . .   *HP5SI
 Workstation customizing object     *NONE         Name, *SAME, *NONE
   Library  . . . . . . . . . . .                 Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
 Image configuration  . . . . . .   *NONE         *SAME, *NONE, *IMGA01...
 Internet address . . . . . . . .   'XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX  '
 VM/MVS class . . . . . . . . . .   *SAME         *SAME, A, B, C, D, E, F, G...
 Forms Control Buffer . . . . . .   *SAME         Character value,
*NONE...
 Destination options  . . . . . .   *NONE

 Print separator page . . . . . .   *NO           *SAME, *YES, *NO
 User defined option  . . . . . .   *NONE         Option, *SAME, *NONE
                + for more values
 User defined object:
   Object . . . . . . . . . . . .   *NONE         Name, *SAME, *NONE
     Library  . . . . . . . . . .                 Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
   Object type  . . . . . . . . .                 *DTAARA, *DTAQ, *FILE...
 User driver program  . . . . . .   *NONE         Name, *SAME, *NONE
   Library  . . . . . . . . . . .                 Name, *LIBL, *CURLIB
 Spooled file ASP . . . . . . . .   *SYSTEM       *SAME, *SYSTEM, *OUTQASP
 Text 'description' . . . . . . .   'MGI - HP LJ 4050 -
XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX
       '

--
Mike Wills