Dear Mike,

There are two things that I would suggest you should
verify before looking into the code itself.

1. The OS/400 Manufacturer Type and Model Parameter of
your OS/400 based remote output queue.

The IBM Proprinter language includes a number of
optional commands for many different printer models as
well as different default vertical spacing increments
for measuring the vertical distance of a line when
working with primarily 9 pin and 24 pin matrix
printers.

You would therefore want to be sure to select one of
the IBM 6400 Proprinter drivers from the list on your
IBM host. The driver names are as follows:

*IBM6400
*IBM6404
*IBM6408
*IBM6412

The different model numbers are linked to the
performance of the IBM 6400 (in lines per minute) that
you are using.

2. The length of the physical page specified by your
application.

A typical OS/400 printer file entry for page size will
appear as follows:

 Page size:
   Length--lines per page . . . .   66
   Width--positions per line  . .   132
   Measurement method . . . . . .   *ROWCOL
 Lines per inch . . . . . . . . .   6
 Characters per inch  . . . . . .   10
 Overflow line number . . . . . .   60

In this case, the OS/400 host print transform function
would convert the "Length--lines per page" value into
an IBM Proprinter command, which would set the page
length on the IBM 6400 to 66 lines.

The printer itself would calculate the active page
length in inches from the lines per page command and
the lines per inch value (6 LPI).

It would therefore believe the physical page loaded
into it was currently 11 inches deep. When your
application specified an overflow at line 50, the
OS/400 host print transform function would send a form
feed command after line 50. At 6 lines per inch, this
would be at 8.33 inches from the top of the form. The
form feed would result in 2.67 inches of extra white
space (16 blank lines) being added to the bottom of
the page by the IBM 6400 printer before the next page
of data would begin printing.

It is therefore very important to insure that the
information in the OS/400 printer file parameters
Length--lines per page and Lines per inch are set to
values that match the depth of the continuous form
paper you have installed into the IBM 6400 printer to
support this particular application.

Example: Your form is 8.5 inches in the vertical
dimension:

Length--lines per page . . . .   51
Lines per inch . . . . . . . . .  6
Overflow line number . . . . . . 50

Length--lines per page . . . .   68
Lines per inch . . . . . . . . .  8
Overflow line number . . . . . . 50

Both of the examples above would cause the IBM 6400
printer to advance the paper 8.5 inches each time it
received a form feed from the IBM host keeping the Top
of Form position correctly aligned with the depth of
the continuous form media.

HTH

Best Regards,

/Paul