Kendallville, IN 46755
http://www.dekko.com

Bryan Dietz <BDietz@xxxxxxxxxx>
07/07/2004 09:59 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject
Re: Printing a System Rack

In v5r2 IBM mad some changes to service tools users.

You are going to have to force DST to the console.

First signo off the console, then get to manual mode on the front panel
and
then use the arrow up till you get to 21, press enter.
This will force DST to the console device.  the default userid and
password
is QSECOFR QSECOFR (upper case).

>From there you will have to change the password.  User option 13 (work
w/system security) to change the third option to a 1.

The from the main DST menu option 5 then option 3 to make sure all
profiles
are enabled.

>From there exit out of service tools and put system back into normal
mode.

You can then get into STRSST to print your rack config.

(Thanks IBM for making it so easy)

----------------------------
Bryan Dietz

Aktion Associates

(See attached file: Service Tools.pdf)
midrange-l-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx wrote on 07/07/2004 07:42:51 AM:

-> Can I print the rack config of a V5R2 machine without access to the SST
-> menu(all profiles are expired and I can't IPL at the moment to get
access to
-> the DST menu)?
->
-> Thanks in advance,