Thanks for Mike and everyone else who has responded.  So far, none of these
solutions have worked.  I have, however, done a lot more research today and
have narrowed down the process.  It really has nothing to do with the fact
that the process runs across 2 systems.  I can duplicate the problem by
submitting the program as me (works fine), as user QTMHHTP1 (does not work),
and as HTTPDUP (which is an EXACT copy of the profile QTMHHTP1).

It appears from looking at job logs that the program that I submit starts a
java process using the QSH command.  The java process is doing a few things,
among them it attempts to issue a CRTPF command.  Each time I submit this
job, another job called QZRCSRVS is started that looks like it attempts to
connect the java process to some sort of server job to issue CL commands.
When I run the job as me, I see completion message CPIAD02 in the job log
(user CARL from client AS400.EDICONSULTING.COM (this is the local machine
name) connected.)  When I run as QTMHHTP1 I see error CPE3426 (A connection
with the remote socket was reset by that...).  So it appears that user
QTMHHTP1 can not connect to the socket program because it is looking for
some sort of authorization and the profile QTMHHTP1 does not have a pwd
associated with it.

I have tried to ADDSVRAUTE on both systems to no avail.

So, the easiest fix I see is to have my process, that begins on the web
server AS400 to supply a different user profile name to use on the system
that runs the process and creates the spool file.  I looked at the net.data
macros and don't really see even how it know to run the programs on the
REMOTE as400.  Is there a connect to database command or something like
that?  Perhaps I can code some way that it know to use the database on the
remote AS400 and use a different user  profile and pwd.

Anyone have any other ideas?
cjg

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
600 Kennesaw Avenue, Suite 400
Marietta, GA  30060
(770) 422-2995 - voice
(419) 730-8212 - fax
mailto:cgalgano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ediconsulting.com
AS400 EDI, Networking, E-Commerce and Communications Consulting and
Implementation
http://www.icecreamovernight.com
Premium Ice Cream Brands shipped Overnight

Visit our website to subscribe to our FREE AS/400 Timesharing Service