I'll throw in my 2¢.  When consolidating multiple applications on a single
system I have had to deal with persons used to having *ALLOBJ authority.
What I have done is given all of the application objects a single owner,
then you can give an application admin "virtual *ALLOBJ" by making them a
member of the owner profile.  They have all authority to their own objects,
while you can still keep them out of system objects or other applications.
If set up correctly they can even administer their own user profiles without
seeing any that don't belong to them.

Regards,

Scott Ingvaldson
iSeries System Administrator