If your AC system is not on your UPS, doesn't your computer room heat up
rather quickly if you lose power?

We have dual 4 ton AC units for our computer room (7 400s, dozen Windoze
servers and various networking gear/tape drives,etc.).  Each can hold the
temp in the event one is lost.  Our 14KvA UPS is in a separate room and the
entire facility is backed up by 2 natural gas generators.  One 20KVa unit
powers the UPS which powers all the 400s, server, comm gear, phone, etc, and
a 12KvA generator that powers the AC units, house lights and a few other non
essential things.  The entire place is monitored with power sensors and
environmental sensors which report everything via a web interface or alerts
via cell phones.  We go in the data center once a week to rotate tapes in
all the 3570 drives.  Our data center is not even in the same building as
our offices (across the parking lot).
cjg

Carl J. Galgano
EDI Consulting Services, Inc.
600 Kennesaw Avenue, Suite 400
Marietta, GA  30060
(770) 422-2995 - voice
(419) 730-8212 - fax
mailto:cgalgano@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.ediconsulting.com
AS400 EDI, Networking, E-Commerce and Communications Consulting and
Implementation
http://www.icecreamovernight.com
Premium Ice Cream Brands shipped Overnight

Visit our website to subscribe to our FREE AS/400 Timesharing Service