I'm curious why you would omit QUSRSYS, /QIBM/ProdData and
/QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData?

I would recommend doing the SAVDLO before the SAV for the same reason as Al,
if someone unfamiliar with your system has to do the restore that is what
they would expect.  (For the same reason I wouldn't recommend omitting
QUSRSYS, /QIBM/ProdData and /QOpenSys/QIBM/ProdData.)

As far as locked files go you need to look at them and see what they are.
You should do ENDTCPSVR SERVER(*MGTC) before a SAVLIB of QUSRSYS and
STRTCPSVR SERVER(*MGTC) after.

The IFS SAV is trickier.  Apache HTTP servers will have a couple of log
files each that are locked.  So will WebSphere application servers.  Domino
servers will have many locked files.  FAX/400 will lock one object for each
receiver job, but it is only an empty file waiting for an incoming fax so it
can be omitted pretty safely.  Look at the objects that you receive the lock
messages for and determine if a.) that object can be ommitted from the
backup, or b.) the job that has the lock should be ended before the SAV and
restarted after.  If you use the SAVACTMSGQ you can monitor it for the sync
message and restart your jobs while the SAV is still running.

Hope this helps,

Scott Ingvaldson
AS/400 System Administrator
GuideOne Insurance Group

"Remember, Only YOU Can Prevent Forest Fires!"
                                                -- Smokey Bear