Hi Darren,

As someone else mentioned, TCP/IP communication from
an AS/400 to other devices should work correctly on a
local segment without needing a routing statement.

As a test, you could add a default route into the
AS/400 routing table (entry is *DFTROUTE if I remember
correctly) and point it towards the IP Address of one
of the PC's on the network. This might help the AS/400
to locate the other machines on the local segment if
it is being somehow confused by some of the
information flowing on the network. The default route
entry on an AS/400 provides equivalent functionality
to the gateway entry on a Microsoft operating system
enabled PC.

Good Luck!

Best Regards,

/Paul