Sorry to hear about the impending loss of your iSeries.  My guess is that a
little name problem confusion is probably not the primary reason that
you're switching OS's even if that's the stated reason.  You probably know
the underlying issues better than us groupies, but I would say that if
there are some real reasons beyond security that the AS/400 is a better
machine for your company, now is the time to make the case.  This all
depends on what you're using the machine for.  If you just need a file
server to store your exec's spreadsheets, then a Microsoft server would
suffice.  However, if you're doing things like MRP, EDI, and other serious
business tasks, then you might be missing some hidden costs in switching.

Here are some possible benefits your execs may not have considered:

1. Stability.  How often does your machine go down?  Your Microsoft server
will likely require periodic reboots to fix mysterious problems with memory
leaks and file issues.  Backups will become more critical than ever.  Will
your new server keep on cranking, even with a lost hard-drive?
2. Database!  Index corruption on the AS/400 is rarely an issue in my
experience.  Its integrated into the operating system, that means its very
low maintenance and more flexible than Microsoft probably will be.
3. GUI applications.  You'll probably find more for the Microsoft server,
but I would say this hasn't taken off on the AS/400 yet because GUI's not
all its cracked up to be for serious data processing.
4. I'm sorry you had a bad time with support, but I can't believe that
Microsoft will be any better.  More likely, it'll get worse.  That means
more headaches for your IT staff.
5. How are you going to switch your existing applications?  If you're using
your AS/400 for serious stuff, I can't believe that you can switch in a
year.
6. All the above probably means additional staff, or additional hours for
the existing staff to keep stuff running smoothly.

I could see if you were a Microsoft shop, and your execs were saying, "why
should we switch?"  But to already have the AS/400, and consider getting
rid of it?  Finally, the new i5 might have some shiny new whistles for your
execs.