I was not able to replicate the issue with telnet.  I started 5 sessions
that are autonamed with no problem.  I did replicate the DNS configuration
issue.  We don't use DHCP on the iSeries so I didn't bother trying it.  I
would open a problem report with IBM.  If you don't have software support,
send me a note privately and I'll open a ticket.

Can you send me a screen shot of how you have your 5250 sessions
configured?  I'd like to make sure I'm set up the same way you are.

Regards
Kurt Goolsbee
TriAWorks, Inc.

"Nathan Simpson" <nathan@xxxxxxxxxx>
05/18/2004 10:46 PM
Please respond to

<midrange-l@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
cc

Subject
Anyone using EIM - Could you please test something for me?

Hi,

We have got EIM and NAS working (kind of) on our AS/400 810 running V5R2.
And CA = V5R2M0 with latest IBM SP on a WinXP Pro SP1 PC.

We have set OpsNav and CA to both use Kerberos to signon

The problem we are having is that when we use named devices eg. WSWSW95%=
which equals WSWSW95S1 and try to start about 5 sessions the first and
sometimes 2nd session signs on and the remaining sessions fail to logon
and just display the signon screen with the message E0001 - System Error:
c4 f0 f0 f0 in the status bar.

Also when trying to configure DNS using OpsNav by right clicking on DNS
and choosing configuration the message "Unable to establish a connection"
appears. After clicking OK the program starts fine.

If I try to monitor a DHCP subnet the message says "Unable to view
monitored information. If the DHCP  server  is not started, start it and
retry the operation"

This happens even though the DHCP server is started.

If I take off Kerberos and use Windows pass thru authentication in CA and
Ops Nav these messages never appear. And if I use Kerberos and only use
QPADEV devices in CA the multiple sessions (5) all signon without a
problem.

Does anyone else have the ability out there to try and see if the same
things happen at their location? Or have you encountered this problem and
found a solution. EIM and NAS works but something just isn't quite right.

Thanks

Nathan Simpson
Australian Wool Handlers