In the case below the from library is BDIETZ and the target is BDTEST.
the source file in BDtest existed before the FTP.

I did a LCD(local change directory) on the source system and
a CD(change directory) on the target system.

The mput then sends from source to the target.

As for the last question on replacing members I quote from the help:

<help>
 You can use an asterisk to send all the members in a file or all the
 documents in a folder.  For example, MPUT MYLIB/MYFILE.* transfers
 all the members of file MYFILE in library MYLIB.
     Note:  If the remote file already exists, the contents are
     replaced by the contents of localfile unless   SUNIQUE is on.
</help>

Bryan Dietz